Aziz Abdukhakimov, Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan, presented information on the distribution of funds from the Tourism Support Fund during an international online conference on June 1. In particular, the plans include:
– Allocation of 1.5 billion soums as subsidies for the implementation of innovative startups in the field of tourism;
– Local tour operators will receive subsidies of $15 for each attracted tourist;
– 30% of the cost of air and railway tickets will be covered by subsidies.
In order to improve the quality of services, it is planned to cover part of the costs of hotels:
– 5 million soums for each room-for 3-star hotels;
– 10 million soums for each room-for 4-star hotels;
– 1 5 million soums for each room – for 5-star hotels.
Grants are also planned for:
– 5 million soums for guides who will develop new tourist products and destinations;
– 10 million soums to tour operators.